German Transportation Strike

David Atherton

I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who recently have ordered or won anything from a German coin dealer or auction house about a one day transportation strike. Munich airport reportedly has been at a standstill all weekend. The strike is today (Monday 27 March).

https://apnews.com/article/germany-travel-disruption-eve-of-transportation-strike-bd4b4949f8cf016403f5dc4826dc20fd

I currently have one Fedex package that was shipped on Thursday, but apparently is now stuck in Cologne. I will keep you guys updated if it starts moving again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Gasp 1
  • Mind blown 1

2 minutes ago, Nerosmyfavorite68 said:

Yes, thank you.  Since my March 4th LAC order hasn't arrived, I was thinking about Savoca for this go-round.  I guess maybe I'll go to Tom Vossen.

What I can tell you is I had two Fedex packages shipped Thursday: one from France (which arrived today) and the one from Germany which is still in limbo. 🤷‍♂️

• Mind blown 1

You are worried about the one day strike?

In general, Deutsche Post / DHL currently has a massive staff and logistics problem. In addition, there are regional strikes in the warehouse centres every now and then. If you deliver something via Deutsche Post / DHL - you don't have to worry about this one day. The situation is chaotic either way, this one day has no effect. The situation was already bad before and will remain so for a long time.

However, Deutsche Post / DHL has nothing to do with the strike directly of the "public service". Airports are also on strike in the handling area. However, this does not affect all airports and it often only affects passenger handling, but not air cargo. If there is also a strike in the airfreight sector, then of course this affects all the big shippers like FedEx, UPS and others. 

However, this one day does not have to give you pause for thought. According to Corona, there is also a glaring lack of staff in the airport sector, so this one day will not have any impact either. In general, everything takes a little longer at the moment - because there are simply too few skilled staff at the airports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Prieure de Sion said:

You are worried about the one day strike?

In general, Deutsche Post / DHL currently has a massive staff and logistics problem. In addition, there are regional strikes in the warehouse centres every now and then. If you deliver something via Deutsche Post / DHL - you don't have to worry about this one day. The situation is chaotic either way, this one day has no effect. The situation was already bad before and will remain so for a long time.

However, Deutsche Post / DHL has nothing to do with the strike directly of the "public service". Airports are also on strike in the handling area. However, this does not affect all airports and it often only affects passenger handling, but not air cargo. If there is also a strike in the airfreight sector, then of course this affects all the big shippers like FedEx, UPS and others. 

However, this one day does not have to give you pause for thought. According to Corona, there is also a glaring lack of staff in the airport sector, so this one day will not have any impact either. In general, everything takes a little longer at the moment - because there are simply too few skilled staff at the airports.

Thanks for the info. My German Fedex package did indeed arrive in the US earlier today.

• Like 2