WTB: Seleukos VII, Philometor, 83-69 BC.

Topcat7

(Moderator:- If this post is against any rule, I do apologize, and please remove it.)

I was looking to buy a BUDGET Seleukos VII, Philometor, 83-69 BC., or Antiokos XIII, Asiaticus, 69-64 BC., to round out my collection of Seleucid Kings, and I don't seem to be able to locate the coin through my usual sources.

If anyone has a (Budget) example that they are willing to sell, or if they know where I might get one, please get back to me,

P.M. is O.K.

Thank you.

Edited by Topcat7
  • Like 3

No coins of Seleucus VII are known to exist. Antiochus XIII is also elusive, here is mine.

g352.jpg.392282c601dabc493b2ab3ade5944a2e.jpg

Antiochus XIII Philadelphus
Antioch on the Orontes
69 to 64 BC
AR Tetradrachm
Obvs: Diademed head of Antiochus right with hornlike lock curling upward above ear, fillet border.
Revs: BAΣIΛEΩΣ ANTIOXOV on right, ΦIΛAΔEΛΦOV on left. Zeus enthroned left holding Nike and sceptre, laurel wreath border. Monogram inner left.
24x26mm, 13.93g
Ref: SC 2487a; HGC 9, 1340(R1-R2)

After 2 decades I am still missing 2 rulers, making a total of 31 out of 33 for me.

• Like 9

On 3/25/2023 at 6:24 AM, Celator said:

No coins of Seleucus VII are known to exist. Antiochus XIII is also elusive, here is mine.

g352.jpg.392282c601dabc493b2ab3ade5944a2e.jpg

Antiochus XIII Philadelphus
Antioch on the Orontes
69 to 64 BC
AR Tetradrachm
Obvs: Diademed head of Antiochus right with hornlike lock curling upward above ear, fillet border.
Revs: BAΣIΛEΩΣ ANTIOXOV on right, ΦIΛAΔEΛΦOV on left. Zeus enthroned left holding Nike and sceptre, laurel wreath border. Monogram inner left.
24x26mm, 13.93g
Ref: SC 2487a; HGC 9, 1340(R1-R2)

After 2 decades I am still missing 2 rulers, making a total of 31 out of 33 for me.

@Edessa   Thank you. Missing 9 rulers. Only 24 for me. I think unavailability and price will beat me for the rest. (I do like your Antiochus XIII , though.)

• Like 1