Hello, I'm glad to be here.

Britannicus

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. Volodnya invited me by private message on CoinTalk a few weeks ago — thank you! I delayed signing up only due to my indecision about a username. I'm benhur767 on the other forum. I'm not a fan of that name, so I decided on a fresh start over here with a new username. It took me a while to decide whether to use this name, my real name, or something else. Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

Here's a coin from my collection, one that inspired my username:

sev_730_2018_0425_01_h.jpeg.dbd2144722522516a635345d66b460d0.jpeg

Septimius Severus. AR denarius, Rome, AD 210–1; 19mm, 3.25g, 2h. BMCRE G57, CRB 44, Hill 1139 (R), RIC 336, RSC 730. Obv: SEVERVS PIVS AVG BRIT; head laureate r. Rev: VICTORIAE BRIT; Victory, half-naked, standing front, head r., holding palm in r. hand, attaching round shield to palm tree.

Ex Frederick S. Knobloch Collection

Edited by Britannicus
add more descriptive title, add image.
  • Like 19
  • Smile 1
  • Smile 1
  • Cool Think 1
  • Clap 1
  • Confused 1

• Britannicus changed the title to Hello, I'm glad to be here.

Welcome!

I didn’t get an invite so I was like - where did everybody go? 😬 But now I found it, I think it’s better here already. There are a lot of familiar and long-lost faces, no US coins to drown everything out and more categories so you can find things (although I still haven’t worked out where to post Celtic coins).

Edited by John Conduitt
  • Like 5
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, CPK said:

Welcome, @Britannicus!  I almost chose that as my new forum name, myself! (I'm know as Britannicus on other platforms.)

I was expecting that maybe it had already been taken, but when I saw that it wasn't I had to go with it. It's a cool name @CPK, thanks for not using it here! 🙂

Edited by Britannicus
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Conduitt said:

Welcome!

I didn’t get an invite so I was like - where did everybody go? 😬 But now I found it, I think it’s better here already. There are a lot of familiar and long-lost faces, no US coins to drown everything out and more categories so you can find things (although I still haven’t worked out where to post Celtic coins).

Thank you @John Conduitt! I see that there are several active threads here, and most of my favorite contributors from Coin Talk.

Edited by Britannicus
  • Like 1

Nice to see you benh... I mean @Britannicus! Here is a Commodus with BRIT(ANICVS) titulature on the obverse in honor of your new name.

D1D030E0-070F-4F5E-B9FA-D7C28C3E41DF.jpeg.ba1fe98ebb6fd564765b49b1cc9c1d86.jpeg

Roman Empire
Commodus (AD 177-192)
AR Denarius, Rome mint, struck ca. AD 187
Dia.: 18 mm
Wt.: 2.77 g
Obv.: M COMM ANT P FEL AVG BRIT; Laureate bust right
Rev.: AVCT PIET P M TR P XII IMP VIII COS V P P; Pietas standing left, sacrificing over altar with incense and patera, holding box.
Ref.: RIC III 146, scarce
Ex James Pickering Collection of Britannic Coinage; Ex AMCC 1, lot 158 (Dec. 1, 2018)

• Like 5