Junk Bin Odyssey

The Eidolon

Hey folks...I'm going to make a suggestion to all of you with coppers and copper nickel specimens.  Do yourself a favor and order a bottle of Verdicare.

Verdicare is a solution that will remove all that green vergis green rot. It will arest any hot spots...and preserve the coin. 

I am currently helping another member who has a nice selection of coins however most have vergis on them.

I also treat my new specimens that I obtain as over the years I have seen the rot travel in a coin album.

So my advise dip them in acetone...dry and treat with verdicare.

Verdicare can be purchased from Wizard coin supplies...out of Fairfax Va. USA ...it has just returned to stock...as it wasn't available for a couple years.

I have a small bottle as a little goes a long way...but it became so hard to find...I had offers over 5 times the cost...as most dealers I know use it on problem coins.

I guarantee it works great!  

You'll be posting back here on this thread as to how great a product it is.

Edited by Paddy54
  • Like 1

Here's a buffalo nickel I treated today to show another member.

Now remember it is a type of medal rot so depending on how bad it is...your results may vary. But I swear by this stuff... 

20220622_112831.jpg

20220622_113416.jpg

20220622_113747.jpg

20220622_113047.jpg

20220622_113416.jpg

Edited by Paddy54
  • Like 1