Recommendations on Crusader coins

AussieCollector

7 hours ago, JeandAcre said:

@seth77, is there a link, or anything else, on the Israeli research on the AMALRICVS deniers?  Compared to those, the coverage of the Bohemond issues is relatively extensive (granted, less than comprehensive), even in Malloy and Metcalf.

It's in Robert Kool's work 'Circulation and use of coins in the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem' from 2013.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, Rats.  From a free account, I couldn't find it.  

...Right, Metcalf and Malloy both note the posthumous AMALRIC issues, terminating in the 1220's.  But they're relatively vague about the operant details; running to lower weights and corresponding modules.

I need the posthumous ones especially for their contemporaneity to the tenure of Jean de Brienne (père) as King of Acre.  Generally, the earlier 13th century is the phase of the Crusades I hang out in most, and Jean is one of my favorite antiheroes of the same era (along with his later contemporary, Pierre 'Mauclerc' of Dreux and Brittany).  Variously by marriage, exile, and election, he went from Acre to a papal war in Italy to Latin Constantinope (as regent of his son-in-law).  

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 11:50 PM, JeandAcre said:

Well, Rats.  From a free account, I couldn't find it.  

...Right, Metcalf and Malloy both note the posthumous AMALRIC issues, terminating in the 1220's.  But they're relatively vague about the operant details; running to lower weights and corresponding modules.

I need the posthumous ones especially for their contemporaneity to the tenure of Jean de Brienne (père) as King of Acre.  Generally, the earlier 13th century is the phase of the Crusades I hang out in most, and Jean is one of my favorite antiheroes of the same era (along with his later contemporary, Pierre 'Mauclerc' of Dreux and Brittany).  Variously by marriage, exile, and election, he went from Acre to a papal war in Italy to Latin Constantinope (as regent of his son-in-law).  

I'll PM you later on when I get to my laptop.

• Thanks 1