CNG Bidding in Canada

airhead1983

Hi Everyone,

The big day is almost here and, thanks to my sister, I won’t be spending it alone. 😃

Due to my dad having Covid, everything is pushed back until he’s over it, so, my sister offered to have me spend the night at her place.  I can’t wait to see my niece and nephew open their gifts! 🥳

I got an email about the upcoming David Hendin auction at CNG in January. I am super excited about it and hope that I can participate.  I would love to have an ex Hendin coin.  There are a lot of prutah in it, so, I have my fingers tightly crossed that one can come home to me.

I’m currently waiting to go through the registration process.  In the mean time, I was wondering what the shipping to Canada is like.  I know there’s a buyer’s fee of 22.5%.  Are there any duty fees on CNG packages to Canada?

I’d really appreciate the help.

Thanks everyone!

Erin

• Like 2

They ship through USPS, and you can usually expect to see your coin within 2-3 weeks. 
I looked through several invoice and there seems to be a flat rate of $40 total for shipping/handling/insurance. 
(these are coins with $500 a $1500 hammer), shipped to Canada.

I honestly can’t recall if there’s any extra charges upon arrival from CNG. I certainly do receive internationally purchased coins in the mail with no charge.
Other times (via FedEx/ UPS etc) there are GST/PST charges upon delivery. 

CNG is a top tier operation and you have little to worry about. 
I’ve never had a problem of any kind.

Edited by Nvb
  • Like 1

I've never had an issue with CNG shipping to Canada.  Depending on the type of shipping you might get dinged with duty and brokrage fees.

There's a cheaper way to get an ex-Hendin coin, especially if you're just after a prutah.   Buy directly from him on ebay.  Amphoracoins.  All his listings are "Buy it Now" and you don't have to outbid someone else or pay the commission!

If you buy a book he'll even sign it for you if you ask!😀

Edited by Jay GT4
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1