Chinese, Japanese, knocked knees, won't you please help ID these

Ryro

My sister in-law showed me this just now and I'm stump-umoed!

It's been in her family for years. Sure looks like a modern to me. Just in how poorly it is done. But I know nothing about Asian coinage.

In hand it's about 24-28 mm and hefty (that's by site since I'm away from my scale and measure)

Could anyone help tell where this is from and when?

20221218_094930.jpg.c927e4f8b155617d248c707a8881b634.jpg20221218_094927.jpg.f11e56ceb0dec700336ecf1d41269028.jpg

Any help is appreciated!

• Cool Think 1

It looks homemade. It's meant to say ban liang but is a little off. Perhaps it's a charm made for a Chinese celebration of some sort. These often have something on the reverse, while the coins don't.

(I'm not sure about the rhyme in the title, given it alludes to a somewhat unsavoury song).

Edited by John Conduitt
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, John Conduitt said:

It looks homemade. It's meant to say ban liang but is a little off. Perhaps it's a charm made for a Chinese celebration of some sort. These often have something on the reverse, while the coins don't.

(I'm not sure about the rhyme in the title, given it alludes to a somewhat unsavoury song).

Appreciations and apologies. I've not been savory for the lady couple of months, hence my sabbatical of late. 

• Like 1