My Collection Being Sold

KenDorney

• Benefactor

Having collected ancient coins and antiquities most of my life I've come across some pretty interesting items.  Some rare, others very common, but all of them interesting (to me at any rate!).  Some time ago it became obvious that I could not display and enjoy them properly any longer so the choice was made to pass these on to a new generation of collectors.  After selling some and gifting others I am down to the last few items.  The remaining items are being sold by CNG in their latest sale in 60 lots.  Some of these artifacts are rare enough that other examples are not likely not be seen on the market again, making this a good opportunity to add to your collection.  There are several interesting groups that will likely sell cheaply, so make sure to check them out.

You can view the lots Here, or by searching 'dorney' at the auction page.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 16
  • Mind blown 1

6 minutes ago, KenDorney said:

I forgot to mention, because of a snafu my reference library is not in this sale but will be in another one.  Lots of rare books there.

wow, I'll be sure to take a look. 

Are you retiring Ken? Or just getting rid of extra stuff you don't use regularly. Hope your v-coins shop will remain open!

• Benefactor
1 hour ago, jfp7375 said:

wow, I'll be sure to take a look. 

Are you retiring Ken? Or just getting rid of extra stuff you don't use regularly. Hope your v-coins shop will remain open!

No, I'm too young to retire (and like many dealers will likely keep going till the end).  I just was not able to display them any more, and it seemed wrong to just have them boxed up.