Does anyone have Banti?

Hi, all! I was wondering if anyone who had access to Corpus Nummorum Romanorum by A. Banti & L. Simonetti would be so kind as to look something up in the volume containing Faustina II issued under Antoninus Pius, specifically #114, a sestertius with the anepigraphic (apart from S C) reverse type with Diana standing facing, head left, holding arrow and resting hand on bow. Faustina's bust is facing left on this coin.

Is the coin illustrated?
From which museum collection does the illustration come from?

Would you please photograph and post the plate coin?!

Thanks so much in advance!!

1 hour ago, Roman Collector said:

Hi, all! I was wondering if anyone who had access to Corpus Nummorum Romanorum by A. Banti & L. Simonetti would be so kind as to look something up in the volume containing Faustina II issued under Antoninus Pius, specifically #114, a sestertius with the anepigraphic (apart from S C) reverse type with Diana standing facing, head left, holding arrow and resting hand on bow. Faustina's bust is facing left on this coin.

I have all 18 volumes of B&S. It goes up to and stops with Nero. There are no coins as late as Faustina II in it. 

• Gasp 1

2 hours ago, Valentinian said:

I have all 18 volumes of B&S. It goes up to and stops with Nero. There are no coins as late as Faustina II in it. 

Thanks. This illustrates why one should not trust a dealer's attributions. 

Could the dealer have meant Cayon, Los Sestertios?

Edited by Roman Collector

It's probably the Blue Banti - "I Grandi Bronzi Imperiali", which covers sestertii.   I have the Red (Republican) and Green Banti sets (early Imperial coins), but not the Blue, so can't help.

Looks like vol. III-2 from this upcoming auction of the 9-volume set - you may be able to find it on its own:

https://www.deamoneta.com/auctions/view/843/353

ATB,

Aidan.

Edited by akeady
Added auction listing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, akeady said:

It's probably the Blue Banti - "I Grandi Bronzi Imperiali", which covers sestertii.   I have the Red (Republican) and Green Banti sets (early Imperial coins), but not the Blue, so can't help.

Looks like vol. III-2 from this upcoming auction of the 9-volume set - you may be able to find it on its own:

https://www.deamoneta.com/auctions/view/843/353

ATB,

Aidan.

That clears up the confusion! Thanks!