"To the return of Diana..."

zumbly

Hi all... thought this section needed a first post.  How about this cool rebel against the Empire then? 😄 It's probably the favorite amongst my few acquisitions this year. 

1466118571_Postumus-DianaStagexA.K_4449.thumb.JPG.7d5ad85b5b108b0cb766900ff1022a71.JPG

POSTUMUS
AE Antoninianus. 2.86g, 20mm. Cologne mint, AD 266. RIC 300; Cunetio 2429; Elmer 398. O: IMP C POSTVMVS P F AVG, Radiate, draped and cuirassed bust of Postumus to right. R: DIANAE REDVCI, Diana advancing right, head to left, holding bow in her left hand and leading a stag with her right.
Ex A.K. Collection; ex M. Weder Collection (reportedly from the inventory of the British Museum)

Edited by zumbly
  • Like 15
  • Heart Eyes 1

I love that reverse type! I love it, @zumbly!

I have many Artemis and Diana coins, but this is my favorite.

Is there anything cooler than Artemis doing a drive by shooting in a stag biga?

[IMG]
Julia Mamaea, AD 222-235.
Roman provincial Æ 28.5 mm, 11.90 g, 5 h.
Ionia, Ephesus, AD 222-235.
Obv: IOVΛIA MAMAIA CЄB, draped bust, right, wearing stephane.
Rev: EΦЄCIΩN ΠΡΩTΩN ACIAC, Artemis driving biga of stags right, holding bow and drawing arrow from quiver.
Refs: RPC VI, 4975 (temporary); Karwiese 804; SNG von Aulock --; SNG Copenhagen --.
Notes: Ex-Plankenhorn Collection of Ionian Coins, ex-Naumann Auction 91, lot 927, 7 May, 2020.

• Like 10

That is a a really cool Postumus / DIANA, Mr. Z!  Wow, really cool! Nice find, congrats!

One of my favorites from a REBEL CITY... and Diana with a PIG!

DIANA (Capua with Hannibal - NOT Roman)

upload_2022-2-19_17-18-47.png
Campania CAPUA AE Uncia 216-211 BCE Diana Boar Hannibal capital Italia SCARCE

• Like 7

On 5/24/2022 at 4:14 AM, zumbly said:

Hi all... thought this section needed a first post.  How about this cool rebel against the Empire then? 😄 It's probably the favorite amongst my few acquisitions this year. 

1466118571_Postumus-DianaStagexA.K_4449.thumb.JPG.7d5ad85b5b108b0cb766900ff1022a71.JPG

POSTUMUS
AE Antoninianus. 2.86g, 20mm. Cologne mint, AD 266. RIC 300; Cunetio 2429; Elmer 398. O: IMP C POSTVMVS P F AVG, Radiate, draped and cuirassed bust of Postumus to right. R: DIANAE REDVCI, Diana advancing right, head to left, holding bow in her left hand and leading a stag with her right.
Ex A.K. Collection; ex M. Weder Collection (reportedly from the inventory of the British Museum)

Wow that is incredible! I love it

• Thanks 1