Please help me with ID this 11 century denar. Thank you!

The two motifs --crowned, facing portrait and some sort of building-- are definitely Salian; German / Holy Roman emperors 1024-1125.  But the extreme blundering of the legends makes any more detailed attribution of the prototype a real project.  ...Rats.  I just tried a search through Kluge (Die Salier Deutsche Munzen, 1991), and couldn't find any close matches from the plates.

On the brighter side, imitations of Salian coins are a known quantity.  Maybe most conspicuously in Frisia; ranging as far as the eastern Baltic coast.  Yes, notoriously with this level of legend blundering.  For that matter, the same level of riffing could have happened with the motifs.  That's what I have to think you've got.  The imitations are effectively contemporaneous.  Maybe only more emphatically than the ones from Frisia, those from the eastern Baltic may have had something to do with the Viking population. 

...As such, they're Big Fun!  Want to sell it?  Message me, here!

(Instant edit:) And a hearty welcome to the forum!  From this website, the 'Message' icon is on the right side of the top of the page.  

I wish I could suggest an appropriate price.  But I'm far from being fluent in the market for imitative examples like this.  ...Really, they're just Fun.  You'd be well advised to keep this!

Edited by JeandAcre
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

...As such, just intuitively, my best guess for the prototype would have to be an issue of Heinrich III (1039-1056).  Replete with Viking 'peck marks' on the reverse. 

...Yes, especially in reference to trade across the Baltic, peck marks extend from the high point of the raids, conquest and settlement in western Europe, well into the 11th century.  An illuminating demonstration of how, even as the Scandinavians were beginning to settle down, increasingly emphasizing their ubiquitous genius for trade over their earlier, more dramatic pirsuits, they were still, well, culturally 'Vikings.' 

...You get the same vibe from the Icelandic sagas (the earliest manuscripts of which only go back to the 13th century).  --Thank you, on this level, the 'Vikings' took a Long Minute to stop being, well, 'Vikings.' ...How did modern Scandinavians end up being as chill as they are?  The process goes back as far as this. 

...All you have to do is to give equal weight to the cultural dynamics.  Once you do that much, the Anglo-American stereotype of the 'Viking Age' summarily ending in 1066, with the Battle of Stamford Bridge, can be relegated to the comic books.

• Thanks 1

@Annes Kabel, it wouldn't surprise me for a minute if you were spot on!  That's definitely in the same geographic range; as you probably know, various levels of Viking presence extended all the way across northern Poland.  --I didn't even look at Dannenberg; dumbly, since he's still often more comprehensive than Kluge.  Gotta make a beeline to the site that has it online!  Many thanks for pointing this out!

• Like 1

...Aah.  Dannenberg does correspond, approximately, to Kluge 140 (mysteriously with a completely different reverse legend, but also of Mainz).  I wasn't allowing enough latitude for variation in the reverse motif.  But, yes, as an imitation, that part makes intuitive sense.

• Like 1