Attribution help needed on new coin

expat

Got this coin yesterday. The attribution from the dealer is incorrect. Looked under the types SNG Copenhagen 383-92, but there is no mention of these two monograms. Where should I be looking, this is only my 5th Greek coin so am very inexperienced. Any help will be very appreciated.

Dealers description;

PERGAMON (Mysia) AE16.
Obverse: Head of Athena right, wearing helmet decorated with 8 pointed star.
Reverse: AΘHNAΣ / NIKHΦOPOY. Owl standing facing on palm frond right, with wings spread. Monograms ΓΑ and ΑΡ either sides of owl in fields.
SNG Copenhagen 383-92.  Pergamon mint, ca. 150-100 BC.  2,9 g - 16 mm

bk6X4T8zc7BgQw23nm5EB2WfZaa8w9.jpg

• Like 4

• Benefactor

The city is correct and the year is in the range (I see more often 200-133 BCE). 

For the attribution, the closest I see is this one. They attributed it to SNG BN 1910-2 var, but I don't have that reference to verify it. Naumann uses a similar attribution for this one.

Interestingly, I see the ΓΑ monogram used several times with others and the ΑΡ monogram also used with others. Therefore, they must have meant different things. I wonder if there's a study with their correlation. It may be possible to order the coins with this data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kirispupis said:

The city is correct and the year is in the range (I see more often 200-133 BCE). 

For the attribution, the closest I see is this one. They attributed it to SNG BN 1910-2 var, but I don't have that reference to verify it. Naumann uses a similar attribution for this one.

Interestingly, I see the ΓΑ monogram used several times with others and the ΑΡ monogram also used with others. Therefore, they must have meant different things. I wonder if there's a study with their correlation. It may be possible to order the coins with this data.

Very similar. I just found what i think is a misattributed coin in Wildwinds that looks like my coins momograms. The size of my coin is 17.5mm and the weight is 2.93g.

Wildwinds SNG COP 384

• Like 2

Mine is very similar -- different monograms, of course. [IMG]
Mysia, Pergamon, 200-133 BC.
Bronze Æ 15.7 mm, 3.55 g, 12 h.
Obv: Head of Athena right, wearing crested helmet ornamented with star.
Rev: AΘΗ-ΝΑΣ ΝΙΚΗΦΟΡΟΥ, owl standing facing on palm, with wings spread,TK monogram left and ΠΛ right.
Refs: SNG Copenhagen 388 (same); c.f. SNG von Aulock 1375-6, BMC 197-199, SNG France 1920-2, SNG BN 1913-6 (various monograms).

• Like 4