rNumis - updates thread

rNumis

• Benefactor

Hi everyone,

As promised in the Vitalini thread, I'm going to use this to report from time to time, what's new over at rNumis ... database content, functionality...that kind of stuff. It won't always be very exciting. For those of you who don't know my site, there's a brief intro thread here.

Please do continue to make suggestions (can't promise anything 😄 ), report any errors/broken links, etc., either here or via pm.  It's much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Steve

• Like 11

• Benefactor

(first update)

Sep 9, 2023 Ancient Greek Coins: Italy & Sicily Databases.

This week I've extended database coverage to include another 4 sales, bringing the DB size up to 8,725 searchable records.  The newly added sales are shown in the attached picture (red font).

The CNG 2013 (Diez) sale was actually very interesting to me...this was a collection put together over 100 years ago and, as far as I know, these CNG coins hadn't been seen at auction since then. Also, some coins were either not plated and/or weighed for the older catalogs so CNG is providing valuable missing information (thank you!).

The just-added Hirsch XXXIII sale has quite a few coins that were sold to Diez (I have priced/named lot records for that sale - very useful).  For example:

rNumis --> Greek Coins Database Detail (HIRSCH XXXIII 1913)  

An example of a coin from a different sale that went to Diez and ultimately to the CNG sale can be seen here:

rNumis --> Greek Coins Database Detail (Egger XLV 1913)

Many Diez coins came from other Hirsch Sales, notably Hirsch XLV 1906. As I haven't added records from that sale to the databases yet, visual connections at rNumis will have to wait. It's all on my list!

aucs20230909.JPG

• Like 8

• Benefactor

I've added 54 new links to auction catalogs that have recently become available online at archive and gallica. These can be found here:

rNumis » Auctions of Baldwins (27 new at archive)

rNumis » Auctions of NFA (14 new at gallica)

rNumis » Auctions of Etienne Page (Expert) (7 new at gallica)

rNumis » Auctions of Alain Weil (Drouot Expert) (6 new at gallica)

Happy to see gallica continuing to scan NFA. They have a few left to do, but at this point they're close to having complete coverage of the NFA auctions.  I still have quite a lot of Drouot (Page, Weil etc) links to add. Ongoing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1

Thanks for the updates to your extremely valuable resource! A request if it isn't too much trouble: would it be possible to include the date when you added a catalog to your list? That would help identify newly added entries versus needing to scan through them each time or keep track of all of the catalogs I've already read through.

• Like 3
  • Yes 2

• Benefactor

@AncientJoe  (and anyone else interested)

I've added a couple of filters to the rNumis auction database page so that you can now show only those auctions with available elinks (all or recently added).

When you select the Auction House, the details page will show you when I added each link (for those added after September 10th).

https://www.rnumis.com/auctions_top.php

Let me know if you see any issues (bad behavior etc)...I've just pushed the code and it seems fine, but there could be bugs.

Thanks

image.jpeg.0329f0b36585f229453bdc2114acddeb.jpeg

Edited by rNumis
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 hour ago, rNumis said:

@AncientJoe  (and anyone else interested)

I've added a couple of filters to the rNumis auction database page so that you can now show only those auctions with available elinks (all or recently added).

When you select the Auction House, the details page will show you when I added each link (for those added after September 10th).

https://www.rnumis.com/auctions_top.php

Let me know if you see any issues (bad behavior etc)...I've just pushed the code and it seems fine, but there could be bugs.

Thanks

image.jpeg.0329f0b36585f229453bdc2114acddeb.jpeg

Thank you! This is perfect.

• Clap 1