Wow...while lQQking for a coin to complete a set, i find i've had it for years 9_9...

ominus1

..i guess one thing about being a general collector of most everything, you compile a lot o coins from here and there....in my boredom while waiting for complete the Roman Empire,  i took it upon myself to complete the set of rulers(mostly named Charles :P) of the Swedish Empire, which is a really fascinating story and time, and not too expensive(altho is could be if you wanted certain coins)...with the coin of Charles X, i was on the hunt for a Charles Xl coin.  when i started lQQking at them, i said 'hey'...i think i have one o does...and its been with me quite a few years... i remember asking friend-collectors on G+ about 10 years ago what i had and they told me it was a 'Swedish occupation coin' and i said kool and left it at that (i''d got it before then, on some wild buy)...so without further ado, here it is along with the others of the Swedish Empire i have so far..Christine and Charles XII are next up on the list..

POST AWAY PEEPS! 🙂

King Charles XI (1660-1697) solidus, 15mm, 0.41gms, occupied city of Riga(?)

Monogram with legend obverse, crossed keys reverse

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

Edited by ominus1
  • Like 10