Question..Last type Denarius of Caracalla?

Spaniard

Wondering if the Roman experts here could help?...I'm looking to add a last year reign Denarius of Caracalla to my collection...I'm assuming TRP XX were the last type minted in 217AD...Why can't I find any?...There seems to be a few types with the TRP XX on wildwinds, but zero on vcoins...I can't see these being super rare, maybe just slightly less common?..For sure I'm missing something here. Any thoughts?

If anyone has a TRP XX Denarius of Caracalla I'd love to see it..

• Like 5

Yes the Antoninianus seems more abundant as do the bronzes...Just been searching on mashop too but can't seem to pinpoint anything? On vcoins I have seen a few come up over the last couple of years and they weren't that expensive 40-150 bucks....Maybe the criterias I'm using to search are Ooff?

• Like 1

An acsearch search on "caracalla tr p xx" yields quite a few. For denarii, the most common type seems to be the Jupiter type that Finn just showed an ant of; also Serapis and Sol. I expect you'll be able to land one fairly easily.

Edit: here's the search restricted to denarii.

Edited by Severus Alexander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Severus Alexander

Thanks...I have a very limited but flexible budget so the problem is I don't buy from suction houses anymore. I need to find fixed price sales that allow layaway this is the only way I can afford to buy coins..

Edit...I just checked numisbids.com with no results?

Edited by Spaniard
  • Like 2

For some reason, quite a few Caracalla coins came my way last year; this is the only XX, an antoninianus featuring Serapis.  It was cheap, but not very nice: 

Caracalla-AntoninianusSerapisOct2022(0a).jpg.857d149ef4700fe15352b52412125b39.jpg

Caracalla  Antoninianus (217 A.D.)  Rome Mint ANTONINVS PIVS AVG GERM, radiate, draped and cuirassed bust r. /  P M TR P XX COS IIII P P, Serapis standing l. holding corn-ears in wreath (?) and sceptre RIC IV 289f; Cohen RSC 383. (4.12 grams / 21 x 20 mm)eBay Oct. 2022

• Like 5

@Finn235...Yes I would say they are less common but have now found a few, although not many, that could fit the bill...Very nice Ant Steve!

@Marsyas Mike...I wouldn't say your coin "isn't very nice"...I actually find it quite appealing with honest wear and nice toning...Thanks for posting..

@Severus Alexander....Thanks for the pm it has really helped...Also I didn't know some auction houses would except layaway that would be most helpful...Thanks again.

Edited by Spaniard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1