Trajan Denarius - Hope I have this right

thenickelguy

Trajan Denarius. 18.6 mm 114-117 AD

Trajan.jpg.8296e58085492afb8496e2100de84e16.jpg

Obverse: IMP CAES NER TRAIAN OPTIM AVG GERM DAC, laureate draped bust right

Reverse: PARTHICO TRP COS VI PP SPQR PRO-VID, Providentia standing left, holding sceptre, pointing at globe at foot.

RIC 361  RSC 313  Sear 3154

( I hope I nailed this )

I have been reading about Trajan, He's one of The Five Good Emperors. Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius.

For my collection, I'm up to owning 3 out of 5 at this point, In time I will get a decent example of Nerva and Marcus Aurelius. 

There is just too much history to summarize Trajan in this post without shortchanging readers. 

TrajanArt.jpg.6a9368a0ba28eda82af6a8de5b452a72.jpg

• Like 19
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 hour ago, thenickelguy said:

Trajan Denarius. 18.6 mm 114-117 AD

Trajan.jpg.8296e58085492afb8496e2100de84e16.jpg

Obverse: IMP CAES NER TRAIAN OPTIM AVG GERM DAC, laureate draped bust right

Reverse: PARTHICO TRP COS VI PP SPQR PRO-VID, Providentia standing left, holding sceptre, pointing at globe at foot.

RIC 361  RSC 313  Sear 3154

( I hope I nailed this )

I have been reading about Trajan, He's one of The Five Good Emperors. Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius.

For my collection, I'm up to owning 3 out of 5 at this point, In time I will get a decent example of Nerva and Marcus Aurelius. 

There is just too much history to summarize Trajan in this post without shortchanging readers. 

TrajanArt.jpg.6a9368a0ba28eda82af6a8de5b452a72.jpg

Attributed correctly, indeed! Nice coin!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep nice coin!...Looks to have nice surfaces and well centred.

3 down 2 to go....Good luck.

When I completed my set it was Nerva that I found the most difficult to acquire especially on my budget...Here's my coin of the Spaniard...

normal_trajtogether__1_-removebg-preview.png.455da6918a897db8213ec778803720a9.png

Trajan ar Denarius 98-117AD 20mm/2.66gr (Minted 103-111AD)

Obverse-IMPTRAIANO AVG GER DAC PMTRP laureate bust right, slight drapery on left shoulder

Reverse-COS VPPS PQR OPTIMO PRINC Aequitas standing left, holding scales and cornucopiae.

RIC II# 118

• Like 11
  • Heart Eyes 2

Very nice coin, @thenickelguy.

For his 19 years reign, Trajan's coinage is abundant. From the early coins - where his portrait resembles Nerva - to the peak of the reign and coinage, the Dacian related coins, and till the end, a collector has a lot to choose from.

I have a lot of Trajan coins but I will show only my latest acquisition, a type I wanted for a long time. Not fully happy with the condition, but a decent coin and better in hand and in my photos (I only have access to the seller's photo now)

image.png.f6bba896b593c82569db369c21f83a0a.png

Obv. IMP TRAIANO AVG GER DAC P M TR P, Laureate bust to right, slight drapery over far shoulder.
Rev. COS V P P S P Q R OPTIMO PRINC, Arabia standing facing, head to left, holding branch and bundle of cinnamon sticks; at her feet, camel walking to left.
RIC II 142; BMC 297; Woytek 285b.

From the set of five good emperors (excellent collecting theme) I think that Nerva and Marcus Aurelius are the most difficult ones but not extensive.
Make sure you also add the co-emperor Lucius Verus - although he is not as popular as his colleague, you  should add a Verus coin.

• Like 13
  • Heart Eyes 1

Trajan Ar Denarius 103 AD Obv Head right laureate Rv  Cult statue of Hercules standing facing wearing lions skin headdress and holding club. RIC 79 Woytek 164a This coin illustrated. 3.02 grms 18 mm Photo by W. Hansen

trajand39.png.8ba9ea20ed5304f5caafc7641f87853a.png

This is one of his earlier images . Trajan has one of the more extensive coinages and one of the more interesting as he does strike a large number of coins with reverses pertaining to specific events in Roman history. With this coin the specific event is unclear. 

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 1