Guess The Emperor Close-Up Game

AncientNumis

So, this should be my 100th post here. Which, to be honest, kind of shocks me. But, I thought, how about a fun little game?
Here you're trying to guess the Roman Emperor by the close up. I'll give you 3 different ones and if you get them right, I may do some more. I don't know how difficult these are - but we'll see. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 06.58.02.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 06.59.14.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 06.59.02.png

Edited by AncientNumis
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Orange Julius said:

That first photo looked to be of high quality artistry, so I can see where people were guessing earlier but that hair swoop totally reminded me of my under-appreciated dude G! That was fun!

Yeah! Now that I see it, Tiberius does look a lot like that. I may have guessed that as well 😂. But you weren't fooled, so congrats. Glad you enjoyed it. 

And I've got some other ideas for different guessing games, so those will all come in time...

Edited by AncientNumis

5 hours ago, Orange Julius said:

That first photo looked to be of high quality artistry, so I can see where people were guessing earlier but that hair swoop totally reminded me of my under-appreciated dude G! That was fun!

Oh yeah! With his "jelly roll" haircut, Gallienus always looks like he's ready to start singing doo-wop music!

Gallienus VBERITAS AVG antoninianus.jpg
Gallienus, AD 253-268
Roman billon antoninianus, 2.28 g, 20.8 mm, 12 h
Rome, AD 265-267
Obv: GALLIENVS AVG, radiate head right
Rev: VBERITAS AVG, Uberitas standing left holding marsupium in right hand and cornucopiae in left, Є in right field
Refs: RIC 287 var; Göbl 583a; Cohen 1008; RCV 10368.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, maridvnvm said:

The first one looks a bit like an Antioch mint Hadrian.

It's actually Cappadocia, Caesera I think but you were right with Hadrian! That was a tough one.

So it was:

-Hadrian

-Trajan

And really glad some of you found this fun, I think I'll make another little game... 🙂