Some cracked half-shells...

quant.geek

Am I ever glad to see you guys! I was wondering why that other place was getting quiet but its nice to find the community whole and intact right here. I am Caesar_Augustus from CT, but decided to start fresh with the alias of Alexios, probably my favorite Emperor after a bout of devotion to his study. The Romans fought so hard for something. What exactly were they fighting for? After several instances of imminent catastrophic collapse, why exactly did they keep going? What kept them ticking? Here's an old billion trachy I got in a lot from a while back. Those are some pretty cool coins. Crack, crack! The bug eyes are nice. 

I guess I also have to get used to posting pictures here. I may just update the way my database generates coin cards.

Manuel I Comnenus

BI Aspron Trachy

Manuel I Comnenus, BI Aspron Trachy1167 - 1180 A.D., Constantinople Mint, null Officina
4.34g, 30.0mm, 6H

Obverse: IC-XC,
Christ, bearded, seated facing on throne without back, wearing nimbus crown, pallium and colobium, book of gospels in left hand. Star in right field

Reverse: MANYHΛ ΔECΠOT,
Manuel standing facing, holding labarum and globus cruciger, being crowned by the Virgin Mary to right

Exergue: null

Provenance: Ex. Numismatik-Naumann Auction 62, Lot 1203 (Part of)

Reference: SBCV 1966
  • Like 3
  • Smile 2