Third coin delivered today

expat

This is the third of three coins delivered this morning.

After 2 hours of referencing the attribution website wildwinds .com, I think I have narrowed this down to the following.
Antoninus Pius AE As, Rome, AD 147-148 AD. 25.8mm, 9.54 g. ANTONINVS AVG PIVS P P TR P XI, Laureate head right, slight drapery on left shoulder / COS IIII VOTA, Emperor togate, standing left by altar, holding patera and scroll. S-C across fields. BMCRE 1814 note; RIC III 852 var (drapery).
RIC 852 var
BMC 1814 note
The one I have is a little light owing to the VOTA part at the bottom of the reverse being missing. Also it is a little elongated. 7.85 g. gram. 23 x 28 mm.
The black outline on the bottom of the reverse is where it didn't crop correctly.

20220808_145945__2_-removebg-preview.png

20220808_150122__2_-removebg-preview.png

• Like 21

That coin is rare with the drapery on far left shoulder bust type. It is mentioned in BMCRE (BMCRE 1814n) but the British Museum does not have an example. It is not listed among the major museum collections of Europe by Strack. It is listed in Dinsdale (no. 032580). Here is the photo from Dinsdale (p. 377) of the coin with that bust type. Your coin may be an obverse die-match to this one.

Capture.JPG.afe54fa91e1d1e760907632270c4f402.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Mind blown 1

@expat....Another nice addition, looks like it's a rare one too. Cool portrait..... Congrats.

I picked up this one recently that I didn't realise was quite uncommon...Not in the best condition but still sweet in hand...Has been struck in antiquity just below the chin which just perforates the coin when you hold it up to the light. .290971821_normal_Antoninus_Pius_AS_new(1).jpg.f74fe0864ced358376b42b6aac3df426.jpg

Antoninus Pius AD 138-161. Æ As (27.1mm, 8.14 g.)..Rome mint, struck AD 139.
Obv. Laureate head right.
Rev. Fortuna standing left, holding rudder and cornucopia.
RIC II 533c (scarce)
Nice VF, good portrait.
Green patina.
Scarce 139 AD emission, without globe and COS II rather than COS III.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Spaniard said:

@expat....Another nice addition, looks like it's a rare one too. Cool portrait..... Congrats.

I picked up this one recently that I didn't realise was quite uncommon...Not in the best condition but still sweet in hand...Has been struck in antiquity just below the chin which just perforates the coin when you hold it up to the light. .290971821_normal_Antoninus_Pius_AS_new(1).jpg.f74fe0864ced358376b42b6aac3df426.jpg

Antoninus Pius AD 138-161. Æ As (27.1mm, 8.14 g.)..Rome mint, struck AD 139.
Obv. Laureate head right.
Rev. Fortuna standing left, holding rudder and cornucopia.
RIC II 533c (scarce)
Nice VF, good portrait.
Green patina.
Scarce 139 AD emission, without globe and COS II rather than COS III.

Nice example, regardless of the anomaly

• Thanks 1