Help Needed to Identify Error on 2017 Argentina 5 Pesos Arrayán Coin

Dusktaker

Hello everyone,

I recently came across a 5 pesos coin from Argentina dated 2017 that appears to have an error related to the typography of the word "Pesos". I have heard that there are known errors for this coin, but I'm not entirely sure how to confirm if my coin is one of them.

Could someone with experience in numismatics or knowledge about Argentine coins help me verify if this coin has the error? Here are some details:

Year: 2017
Denomination: 5 pesos
Error: Suspected typography error in the word "Pesos"
I've attached some high-resolution photos of the coin for reference.

Any insights or guidance on how to verify this error would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if anyone knows the potential value of such a coin, that information would also be very helpful.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Christopher

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-20 at 9.48.08 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-20 at 9.48.09 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-20 at 9.48.09 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-20 at 9.48.10 PM (1).jpeg

Posted · Supporter

Hi @Dusktaker welcome to the forum. If you are querying the upright of the P in PESOS. Over 200 million of these were produced. The dies are regularly maintained and cleaned to prolong their usage. When an operator wipes the surface of the die, often grease and debris will clog up in the incuse parts. The result is parts of lettering, and often whole letters and details will not strike up properly. If you are not aware of the details of the coin issue, I have added a link for you to compare your coin with.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces131213.html