My first slabbed coin!

JayAg47

Just came from a coin show, and happened to snag this coin as my Christmas gift. Peace dollars are my favourite coin type from the USA, I have couple of raw ones, and saw this listed for a reasonable price. This is my first graded coin, I looked up the cert number for pictures, but they didn't have one, so I took one myself, which I found hard due to the plastic. 

So frosty! 

peace.jpg.2ab6b222e5594394aa99b7c60ca61b82.jpg

Please share your peace dollars or your first graded coins.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, lordmarcovan said:

At least with a US Peace dollar, nobody will be waving hammers and demanding you bust it out of the plastic! 😉

After handling every coin I've bought so far, it's a weird feeling not be able to touch this one, but i'm fine with it as I've other peace dollars to fondle with. 

• Like 2

I no longer have my first slabbed coin, purchased years ago, but I remember it was a Morgan dollar in an old holder.  The coin's year escapes me.

My first slabbed ancient was a Julian II, which I do still have.

360_to_363_JulianII_AE1_BIMalorina_01.png.2a7276c5264f3c92f8de386c0ecafa7d.png360_to_363_JulianII_AE1_BIMalorina_02.png.274d440220573631dfb91a3bf343934a.png
Julian II (360 - 363) AE1 (BI Maiorina); Thessalonika Mint; Obv: DN FL CL IVLIANUS PF AUG; Diademed, draped and cuirassed bust right; Rev: SECVRITAS REIPVB; Bull standing right, two stars above;*TESΓ in exergue; Ref: RIC 226; NGC Graded Ch. XF

• Like 7