Any experiences with eBay seller jerusalemhadaya2012 ?

Heliodromus

1 hour ago, robinjojo said:

This is a FYI-

eBay removed all listings yesterday.  I don't see them restored, so I guess that is it. 

There're still listings on MA Shops for this seller.

Oh no! Just as I order my #1 target. It's still "awaiting dispatch". I wonder what will happen. I have sent the seller a message asking what the situation is regarding my order. Hopefully it will work out and I am not out a sizeable chunk of change!

Edited by Steppenfool
  • Like 1

• Benefactor
14 minutes ago, Steppenfool said:

Oh no! Just as I order my #1 target. It's still "awaiting dispatch". I wonder what will happen. I have sent the seller a message asking what the situation is regarding my order. Hopefully it will work out and I am not out a sizeable chunk of change!

You should get a response.  If your coin is awaiting dispatch, it must have a tracking number.  Is it DHL?

5 minutes ago, robinjojo said:

You should get a response.  If your coin is awaiting dispatch, it must have a tracking number.  Is it DHL?

No tracking number. I thought "Awaiting Dispatch" on UK Ebay means the seller hasn't posted it yet? I'm not sure what shipping I'm getting to be honest. It was about $50 so I'd expect it to be tracked. Maybe not though?

This is the screen I have:

image.png.8345eaeb7f87fdb3ed54ee7f603197e3.png

Edited by Steppenfool

It appears the account is still active. He has not been kicked off eBay. Either eBay is removing the items while it conducts an investigation of sorts, or he has removed the items himself. I am happy to wait and give the seller a chance. I'd really like an update though!

Edited by Steppenfool

• Benefactor
1 hour ago, Steppenfool said:

It appears the account is still active. He has not been kicked off eBay. Either eBay is removing the items while it conducts an investigation of sorts, or he has removed the items himself. I am happy to wait and give the seller a chance. I'd really like an update though!

My understanding is that eBay removed all items.  It was very abrupt and I don't think this is something that normally one does voluntarily, unless there is an emergency situation or death.  

I've never seen "dispatched" as a status on the eBay tracking tool.  I've seen "tracking number provided".  Perhaps eBay US is different in this respect, though I don't know why that would be.

Your coin should have a tracking number, even if it is sent at the first class postage rate. Every item sent internationally needs a tracking number.  Even domestically, I receive tracking numbers for even mundane items.

Well, hang in there - your coin should arrive, but if it doesn't, at least you can get your money back.

Have you tried contacting the seller?

Edited by robinjojo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, robinjojo said:

My understanding is that eBay removed all items.  It was very abrupt and I don't think this is something that normally one does voluntarily, unless there is an emergency situation or death.  

I've never seen "dispatched" as a status on the eBay tracking tool.  I've seen "tracking number provided".  Perhaps eBay US is different in this respect, though I don't know why that would be.

Your coin should have a tracking number, even if it is sent at the first class postage rate. Every item sent internationally needs a tracking number.  Even domestically, I receive tracking numbers for even mundane items.

Well, hang in there - your coin should arrive, but if it doesn't, at least you can get your money back.

Have you tried contacting the seller?

Why do you think Ebay took action of delisting items?

• Benefactor

I really don't know.  I don't want to speculate, but there have been shipping issues evet since items were being offered for sale with shipping through another party or parties. Things were fine when the seller shipped directly from Israel.  But when shipping became the responsibility of others, the situation started going off the rails.  The result is predictable - a sharp increase in buyers frustrated with long shipping delays.  Spotty communications didn't help.  Now I don't know if this was factor behind eBay's decision to delete listed items.  I don't know if they will be restored, or if it is the end of road for this seller on eBay.  As I mentioned he does have a store on MA Shops:

https://www.ma-shops.com/barakat/?lang=en

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, robinjojo said:

I really don't know.  I don't want to speculate, but there have been shipping issues evet since items were being offered for sale with shipping through another party or parties. Things were fine when the seller shipped directly from Israel.  But when shipping became the responsibility of others, the situation started going off the rails.  The result is predictable - a sharp increase in buyers frustrated with long shipping delays.  Spotty communications didn't help.  Now I don't know if this was factor behind eBay's decision to delete listed items.  I don't know if they will be restored, or if it is the end of road for this seller on eBay.  As I mentioned he does have a store on MA Shops:

https://www.ma-shops.com/barakat/?lang=en

I was trying to send ebay message, but seems like Ebay disabled this capability for the seller 

• Benefactor
6 minutes ago, El Cazador said:

I was trying to send ebay message, but seems like Ebay disabled this capability for the seller 

I see.  I was able to communicate with him last night through eBay, but it now seems that they pulled the plug.

He did post in this thread under the name antigua1964.  You might want to try messaging him through the forum.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robinjojo said:

I see.  I was able to communicate with him last night through eBay, but it now seems that they pulled the plug.

He did post in this thread under the name antigua1964.  You might want to try messaging him through the forum.

Thanks

Hello everyone.

eBay removed my listings till I resolve this delay issue which I am working hard to finalize it.

There is no such thing that a buyer will not get his order, and the worst thing that may happen in case if I could not deliver for any reason, a full refund will be granted.

All will be fine very shortly, and the mistake relying on others to mail my stuff will come to an end.

• Like 1

I contacted the seller several times starting March 2nd, but never got any reply or an update with an trackable shipping number. 

Luckily eBay refunded me all my money.

Not responding to mails from customers remains in my opinion a total NO GO; but we are a free world, everyone can judge for himself. 

Good for all who can now hope to finally receive their coins.

• Benefactor
On 3/25/2023 at 3:28 AM, antigua1964 said:

Which coin is yours?

None. I have never purchased anything  from you. I was speaking as an interested observer of the discussion.

Edited by DonnaML

• Benefactor

Well, one coin arrived, three to go, along with a bronze weight.  The shipment arrived in that rather flimsy DHL box, but at least it was more securely taped.  

Now, for the others, which will hopefully arrive over the next few weeks.  I'm tired and really want to close this chapter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, robinjojo said:

Well, one coin arrived, three to go, along with a bronze weight.  The shipment arrived in that rather flimsy DHL box, but at least it was more securely taped.  

Now, for the others, which will hopefully arrive over the next few weeks.  I'm tired and really want to close this chapter.

He used to have deals on quality product- not anymore 

• Benefactor

Yet another problem.  This time it is with eBay.  The issue is that a tracking number was given for two coins, but only one was received.  However, eBay considered both received and closed off any option to apply for a refund for the missing coin.  The seller stated that one coin was assigned the tracking number, but since the transaction was for two, both coins were assigned the same tracking number.

So, if this issue is not resolved through eBay, I will try to do it directly through my credit card.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Benefactor

Well, my patience with this seller is at an end.  The clock has run out.  I've tried to give him time and consideration, having done business with him for several years, but this AFS business along with the the prolonged delays, gaps in communication, excuses and broken promises regarding shipping have finally put me in this position.  It could be that he is having problems with some second or third party shipper.  The point is that he, as a professional dealer, needs to make his customers' satisfaction as first priority and see to it that they either receive their orders in reasonable time, or provide refunds.  That's the basis of trust and far as I am concerned that basis has eroded away.

I've filed claims with Paypal now for refunds, but the outcome is uncertain.  It seems that anything resembling a tracking number, even a highly dubious one from AFS, is legitimate, at least as far as eBay is concerned.  All I can do is try, but I might be left holding the bag.

• Like 1
  • Cry 2

8 hours ago, robinjojo said:

"but I might be left holding the bag."

Were you really ever been left holding the bag?

What about the money back guarantee, both eBay and PayPal have for buyers?

With all the good signs and people who started leaving positive feedback showing that they started receiving their orders, and my request to you to be a bit more patient because I saw things are getting back to normal and the AFS issue has been ended and orders are changed to UPS express. Your patience ended and I don't blame you or anyone. This week you will receive rest of your order and the few orders left for others will be delivered too.

I thank you all for your understanding that you are as important for me as my business.

I too am awaiting a coin of Gallienus I ordered in late November.

Communication and responses have always been prompt - usually only an hour or two, which is impressive considering difference in time zones and how many times I have neurotically messaged him.

I’ll continue to wait, and I will not leave bad feedback, as: 1) this man is not a con-man, 2) sometimes circumstances are beyond anyone’s control and 3) I believe he will make it right, one way or another.