Post Your Hammered World Coins

Paddy54

9 hours ago, Severus Alexander said:

I'd love to know the title of the book - if the French isn't too literary/advanced it might help me brush up before meeting you.

9782253194484-475x500-1.webp

I'm afraid it's not easy reading (I would have hard time reading it in english I guess) : not what I would call a biopic, rather thoughts and feelings from Alienor to Louis and from Louis to Alienor.

Thanks for posting your "maybe" Alienor coin

Q

Edit to add : I love that portrait of hers on the front cover, so much strenght and determination !

Edited by Qcumbor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Benefactor

C0F34E4D-9259-456C-8F29-50508E4D1DEB.thumb.jpeg.32bbd448e8d727b1c8c5c284df038a8e.jpeg

Spanish Netherlands, Overijssel Province, Gold ‘Imitative’ Ducat (3.37g, 23mm), struck under King Philip II of Spain in the image of a Spanish gold Excelente of Queen Isabella I of Castile and King Ferdinand II of Aragorn, struck at Kampen mint, Overijssel circa 1590-1593 AD. Obverse: Dual Crowned Busts of the Isabella I and Ferdinand II facing one another, “C” between them, legend around, “DVCA. R·P. IMP. CAMPEN: VA: FERDIN”. Reverse: Crowned flat-topped Shield of Arms of the Kingdom of Spain, legend around, “SVB· VMBRA· ALARVM· TVARV”. FR-150; DELM-1101. Very Fine and Scarce.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp 1
  • Mind blown 1

Both the coin and the issuer are hammered 😁...

Byzantine Empire: Michael III "the Drunkard" (842-867) Æ Follis, Constantinople (Sear 1693)

Obv: +miҺAЄL IMPЄRAT'; Crowned facing bust of Michael, holding patriarchal cross on globus and akakia
Rev: +ЬASIL-IЧS REX *; Crowned facing bust of Basil, holding patriarchal cross on globus and akakia
Dim: 25mm, 6.06g

Sear-1693.thumb.jpg.d7020cdc76f139a0b230c33a39966af9.jpg

Edited by quant.geek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laugh 1

That one has been sitting in my collection for 30 years, I've never regretted buying it 🙂

359082d3d3ab4895b26ef3d84aff58e8.jpg

Philippe IV "Le Bel" (1285-1314) - Gros tournois à l'O rond - Atelier de Lille ? (2 petits points a droite du lis superieur du revers)
+ BNDICTV SIT NOME DNI NRI DEI IhV XPI dans le cercle exterieur, +PHILIPPVS REX dans le cercle interieur, croix au centre
TVRONVS CIVIS + dans le cercle interieur, chatel tournois au centre, bordure de douze fleurs de lis a l'exterieur
4.13 gr
Ref : Ciani # 203

Q

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool Think 1
  • Clap 1

• 1 month later...