insurance compensation Künker

cozi

I have had over 80K in coins sent from Künker to my address/ all arrived safe. I think coin shipments are fully insured.

I only had one MIA from CNG in 1998/ with two FDC Aurei OUCH! However I was fully compensated by CNG. Coins were likely stolen by customs. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cozi said:

Thank you for the hopes you give me 🙂 but in my case it is that I sent them a coin which we agreed would have a starting price of 15000 euros and I don't understand the insurance how they will determine it?

You should have told us that right at the beginning 😉 these are completely different conditions.

When Künker (or most other auction houses) send coins, almost all of them have separate insurance, as far as I know. I run a coin shop myself. I also have an extra policy with an insurance company for sending coins.

This is due to the rather vague terms and conditions of most parcel services. The terms and conditions are usually designed in such a way that such coins are not insured. There are different classes of coins. Most parcel services exclude valuable coins. 

The basic insurance with the parcel services is usually around 500 euros. Many are also liable up to 500 euros - even if coins are not actually insured. But if it's over 500 euros, I don't know of any standard parcel service that insures more valuable coins even higher. Even if you select and pay for a higher insurance when creating the shipping ticket, the coin is no longer insured.

Therefore, there are two possibilities.

a) Take out an extra jewellery and coins insurance policy with an insurance company. Then it doesn't matter how and with whom you ship. You can even send it by registered mail. The main thing is tracking. Then the coin is completely insured.

b) You send the coins with a special courier. I use the company INTEX. Class II and III valuables are also fully insured here.
https://www.intex-paketdienst.de/website/home.html

Now we should know with whom you sent the coin?
Hopefully you didn't send the coin normally with UPS or DHL or FedEx?

If you didn't make any special arrangements with Künker about shipping and insurance - then of course it's not Künker's problem. If I send something to another dealer - or I send coins to NGC for grading - I have to take care of the insurance as the shipper.

But this is all speculation here.
Maybe you can tell us the details - otherwise we can't really say anything here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes 1

23 minutes ago, Prieure de Sion said:

Трябваше да ни го кажете още в началото 😉 това са съвсем различни условия.

Когато Künker (или повечето други аукционни къщи) изпращат монети, почти всички имат отделна застраховка, доколкото знам. Аз самият управлявам магазин за монети. Имам и допълнителна полица към застрахователна компания за изпращане на монети.

Това се дължи на доста неясните правила и условия на повечето колетни услуги. Правилата и условията обикновено са проектирани по такъв начин, че такива монети да не са застраховани. Има различни класове монети. Повечето колетни услуги изключват ценни монети. 

Основната застраховка с колетните услуги обикновено е около 500 евро. Много от тях също носят отговорност до 500 евро - дори ако монетите не са действително застраховани. Но ако е над 500 евро, не знам за стандартна колетна услуга, която да застрахова по-ценни монети дори по-високо. Дори ако изберете и платите за по-висока застраховка при създаването на билета за доставка, монетата вече не е застрахована.

Следователно има две възможности.

а) Сключете допълнителна застрахователна полица за бижута и монети със застрахователна компания. Тогава няма значение как и с кого изпращате. Можете дори да го изпратите с препоръчана поща. Основното нещо е проследяването. Тогава монетата е напълно застрахована.

б) Изпращате монетите със специален куриер. Ползвам фирма INTEX. Ценностите от клас II и III също са напълно застраховани тук.
https://www.intex-paketdienst.de/website/home.html

Сега трябва да знаем с кого сте изпратили монетата?
Надяваме се, че не сте изпратили монетата нормално с UPS, DHL или FedEx?

Ако не сте направили някакви специални уговорки с Künker относно доставката и застраховката - тогава, разбира се, това не е проблем на Künker. Ако изпратя нещо на друг търговец - или изпратя монети на NGC за класификация - трябва да се погрижа за застраховката като изпращач.

Но тук всичко това са спекулации.
Може би можете да ни кажете подробности - иначе не можем да кажем нищо тук.

Thank you for this comprehensive information! Kunker told me to send with their free return label. The shipment is insured. But on what basis they pay compensation I cannot understand.On their site it says that a shipment sent to them is already insured with countless policies. But they don't tell me anything specific about compensation. I will most likely need a lawyer😭

• Benefactor
7 minutes ago, cozi said:

Thank you for this comprehensive information! Kunker told me to send with their free return label. The shipment is insured. But on what basis they pay compensation I cannot understand.On their site it says that a shipment sent to them is already insured with countless policies. But they don't tell me anything specific about compensation. I will most likely need a lawyer😭

It is still very unclear what happened here. Are you now saying that this was a coin that you had received from Künker and were returning to Künker? A coin for which you had paid Künker? Or was this your own coin that you were sending to Künker for consignment? I understand that English may not be your first language, but there isn't much point asking questions like your original question unless you clearly explain your specific situation. There is no answer to such a question that fits all possible situations! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Преди 32 минути DonnaML каза:

Всичко още не е ясно какво се е случило тук. Искате да кажете сега, че това е монета, която сте получили от Кюнкер и сте се върнали на Кюнкер? Монета, за която сте платили на Künker? Или това беше вашата собствена монета, която изпращате на Künker за пратка? Разбирам, че английският може да не е вашият първи език, но няма много смисъл да имате въпроси като избрания си въпрос, освен ако ясно не обясните конкретната си ситуация. Няма отговор на такъв въпрос, който да отговаря на всички възможни ситуации! 

Извинявам се, пишете с преводач🙂Монетата е моя, просто ми казаха как да я изпратя с този техен етикет.

Edited by cozi
  • Like 1

• Benefactor
1 minute ago, cozi said:

I apologize write with translator 🙂 The coin is mine, they just told me how to send it with this label of theirs.

Thank you. You may want to crop out that name and address at the top, in case it's yours.

16 minutes ago, DonnaML said:

Благодаря ти. Може да искате да изрежете това име и адрес в горната част, в случай че са ваши.

Исках да ви покажа какво пише на етикета Разписка за безплатно връщане на клиент 🙄quite strange but I think that's how they operate in Europe 

Edited by cozi

I have to agree with Donna. And it's not meant in a bad way. But with every new post, new things are added - so it's hard to help. Even if we would like to.

I don't understand one thing though. If I have now understood the case correctly. Why do you ask us? And why do you immediately come with a lawyer? 

Why did you not ask Künker about the insurance? I know Künker - you get an answer within 24/48h. And why immediately lawyer? Have you reported the loss to Künker? Asked about the insurance? 

8 minutes ago, Prieure de Sion said:

Трябва да се съглася с Дона. И не е казано по лош начин. Но с всяка нова публикация се добавят нови неща - така че е трудно да се помогне. Дори и да искаме.

Едно обаче не разбирам. Ако сега правилно съм разбрал случая. Защо ни питате? И защо веднага идваш с адвокат? 

Защо не попита Кюнкер за застраховката? Познавам Künker - получавате отговор в рамките на 24/48 часа. И защо веднага адвокат? Доложихте ли загубата на Künker? Попитахте за застраховката? 

If I asked all this, they tell me let's wait for the insurers to justify themselves. I ask here because maybe someone has had such a case and knows how compensation is determined 

• Like 2

I don't understand. 

There is nothing to clarify with the insurance company. Either the package had no insurance - then there is no money. Or the shipment was provided with value insurance. And then the insurance pays 100%. If I were you, I would ask the Künker company HOW EXACTLY the shipment was insured.

But I have to disappoint you with one thing. No one will be able to tell you what to expect. Because there are many parcel services, many terms and conditions, many contracts, many insurances. No one here knows what insurance with what conditions were concluded with his package. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Prieure de Sion said:

аз не разбирам 

Няма какво да уточняваме със застрахователната компания. Или пакетът няма застраховка - значи няма пари. Или пратката е била снабдена със застраховка на стойност. И тогава застраховката плаща 100%. На твое място бих попитал фирма Кюнкер КАК ТОЧНО е застрахована пратката.

Но трябва да ви разочаровам с едно нещо. Никой няма да може да ви каже какво да очаквате. Защото има много колетни услуги, много правила и условия, много договори, много застраховки. Никой тук не знае какви застраховки при какви условия са сключени с неговия пакет. 

sure thank you

35 minutes ago, Prieure de Sion said:

Мисля, че най-доброто, което можете да направите е - да пишете в понеделник на фирма Künker и да попитате какви са точните условия на застраховка на вашата пратка! Künker трябва да ви каже точните условия на застраховката. 

Ако желаете, можете да ни дадете отговора тук като обратна връзка.

Yes of course! I asked them just now 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 10:32 PM, Prieure de Sion said:

I think the best thing you can do is - write Monday to the company Künker and ask what are the exact conditions of insurance of your shipment! Künker should please tell you the exact conditions of the insurance. 

If you like, you can give us the answer here as feedback.

Hello.The Künker auction house replied that they will pay for insurance, which is the starting price we agreed on

• Like 1
  • Yes 1