DonnaML's Top Roman Imperial Coins for 2022 (in various sub-categories), plus bonus Top Greek Coin

DonnaML

• Benefactor
4 hours ago, Tejas said:

Wow, I love this coin: wonderfully elegant portrait, especially for this late period (not to speak about the beautiful surfaces). If I had seen this coin in auction, you would have had serious competition 🙂 The other coins are great too, but this one really caught my eyes.

Thank you. It's one of the best-preserved bronzes of Aelia Flaccilla that I've seen. I don't believe that it's been on the market since the Goldberg auction in 2013. I was very lucky to get it: I bought it from Kirk Davis, who must be one of the very last retail dealers who does most of his business through printed catalogues that he mails out several times a year rather than on the Internet. I emailed him the same evening I received the catalogue to ask if this coin was still available, and it was. A lot of his coins sell within a few days, so one has to move fast! 

• Like 1