Forum Support Tiers

Restitutor

Hi Everyone,

Today I'm excited to announce the launch of the forum 'Become a Supporter' feature! This will allow those of you who are feeling extra generous to make one-time donations or subscribe to a monthly/annual support tier. Donations and subscriptions help cover the cost of running the forum, and will also ensure the forum remains ad free for all.

The three subscription tiers are:

1. Benefactor: $15/month or $150/year. Benefits include having your replies in forum threads highlighted, as well as a maximum of 150MB per post to upload photos & videos.
  2. Patron: $10/month or $100/year. Benefits include having a maximum of 100MB per post to upload photos & videos.
  3. Supporter: $5/month or $50/year. Benefits include having a maximum of 75MB per post to upload photos & videos.

All three tier subscribers will also have their levels displayed underneath their avatar in their posts. As the forum continues to grow and new features are rolled out, the benefits of each tier will expand when relevant. 

If you would like to upgrade from one tier to the next, the cost in-month is prorated. Similarly, if you would like to downgrade or cancel your membership, your refund will be prorated.

And let me take this moment to offer a heartfelt thank-you to all who help support this forum financially. A number of you noticed this feature went live prior to this formal announcement and have already subscribed; the generosity here is overwhelming! Thank you. 

Sincerely,
Res

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Yes 1
  • Cool Think 2
  • Clap 3
  • Mind blown 1

1 hour ago, dougsmit said:

Do these auto renew?

Mine does. But you can easily switch it off. I got a PP pop-up in the window. Just follow the link and hit 'cancel' and the automatic subscription-renewal is stopped.

• Benefactor

I was very pleased to make a contribution to help out. The forum seems very active so far. Is there any way for you to calculate the average number of new posts, or at least new comments, per day, to see if it already approaches what it used to be on the ancients forum over at the other place? Even though I have no concrete evidence, my "feeling" is that the rate of activity is already beginning to be comparable. Which is pretty amazing, if I'm right. I'm sure there are formulas for calculating how many regularly active posters a forum needs to be successful (as opposed to simply the number of members), but again it feels to me that we're already getting there.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Al Kowsky said:

What is the process for making financial support 🤑?

Top left, under the forum's name, click store/subscription, then choose  whatever type of subscription you want (I've chosen "supporter's annual subscription"). You will be redirected to Paypal platform

Q

Edited by Qcumbor

On 6/2/2022 at 7:23 PM, Restitutor said:

All three tier subscribers will also have their levels displayed underneath their avatar in their posts

I'm now a supporter....

I hope I've done this correctly as I'm not seeing any reference to it under my avatar??...Maybe I've done something incorrectly??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qcumbor said:

Top left, under the forum's name, click store/subscription, then choose  whatever type of subscription you want (I've chosen "supporter's annual subscription"). You will be redirected to Paypal platform

Q

I would like to become a supporter but do not use PayPal, would a credit card or personal check work :classic_ohmy:?

1 hour ago, Spaniard said:

I'm now a supporter....

I hope I've done this correctly as I'm not seeing any reference to it under my avatar??...Maybe I've done something incorrectly??

Here's how it looks! Thank you for your support! 

image.thumb.png.0a1c2a97ae80a9bafda41d0563051d7a.png

• Thanks 1

• Benefactor
47 minutes ago, Furryfrog02 said:

The other tiers are listed under the member avatar. 
Your fancy Benefactor status is both under your avatar AND on the top right of your posts. 🙂

Hmm... I guess I'll try signing out and signing back in, because I'm not seeing them unless I click on the actual profile. 

Edit: No change. I guess I just misunderstood the way this works. No big deal, but for the record I think it would be nice if all levels of support were displayed the way Benefactor is.

Edit #2: I was initially posting from my phone, where I couldn't (and still can't) see all the levels. Now, on a pc, I indeed see them as described, so the "problem" I think is real, but only on a phone. Maybe on a tablet also; I don't have one handy to check. 

Edited by Phil Davis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Davis said:

Hmm... I guess I'll try signing out and signing back in, because I'm not seeing them unless I click on the actual profile. 

Edit: No change. I guess I just misunderstood the way this works. No big deal, but for the record I think it would be nice if all levels of support were displayed the way Benefactor is.

Edit #2: I was initially posting from my phone, where I couldn't (and still can't) see all the levels. Now, on a pc, I indeed see them as described, so the "problem" I think is real, but only on a phone. Maybe on a tablet also; I don't have one handy to check. 

Acknowledging this as a known issue for mobile devices; have been working on getting this updated. 

• Like 5

Update has been made to now show tier on mobile devices! Please note that given complexities within the pre-existing site code, for now the 'Benefactor' tier text will show up twice on mobile posts. I hope to have this updated at some point to only show the text once like before, but the code for this is annoyingly complex... and in the interest of transparency, I'm about ready to roll-out a new forum-wide feature that I think y'all will enjoy, so that has been my main focus 🙇‍♂️ That's all I'll say for now! 😉🤫

• Like 5
  • Popcorn 2

June's the month where I get clobbered by bills.  I plan to look into becoming a supporter soon afterwards.

The old place hit a new low; aggressively defending dangerously slow highway drivers (the 40 mph kind), lol.  I find myself logging in less and less there.  The ancient section is pretty much a ghost town now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Popcorn 1

I too plan on supporting the forum, as the prior poster June is a bad month for any extras since all my major bills hit. Come next month I'll be glad to support this forum, as well its members.  It a breath of fresh air... and a heck of lot less B.S. by Napoleonic monitors who are always bias in their rulings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi.  I will be supporting this forum soon.  This month has been tuff with many bills.   2 paychecks from now I will become a supporter.  As paddy54 said "It's a breath of fresh air".  I really enjoy how easy it is to navigate this forum.  I also really like how easy it is to add photos no matter what the size the photo is.  Thank you for making this amazing forum.  Coin friend, Craig Wilson

Edited by Spirityoda
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2