Superior Galleries, E-Auction I and E-Auction II - possibly wait to pay first.

Prieure de Sion

On 11/2/2022 at 10:43 PM, Nvb said:

At first I wondered if they were a reincarnation of the old Superior Galleries who ceased operations about 10 years ago..  but I searched the net and found no mention of that....

It's really frustrating how many companies seem to want to reuse the names of old respected auctioneers rather than actually making a name for themselves. The new Leu is a similar one. Nothing to do with the real Leu that was around for many years. Wonder which old auction house will get their name reused by a completely unrelated operation next?

• Like 2

• Benefactor
15 minutes ago, red_spork said:

It's really frustrating how many companies seem to want to reuse the names of old respected auctioneers rather than actually making a name for themselves. The new Leu is a similar one. Nothing to do with the real Leu that was around for many years. Wonder which old auction house will get their name reused by a completely unrelated operation next?

I think the Leu situation is even more misleading than this one, given that it's located in Switzerland just like Bank Leu was.  The new Superior Galleries isn't exactly in Beverly Hills, and I'm quite dubious about whether its New York City "office" is more than a mail drop.

Does NAC have anything to do with the old Ars Classica that existed before World War II?

Edited by DonnaML

1 hour ago, DonnaML said:

I think the Leu situation is even more misleading than this one, given that it's located in Switzerland just like Bank Leu was.  The new Superior Galleries isn't exactly in Beverly Hills, and I'm quite dubious about whether its New York City "office" is more than a mail drop.

At least all the goods are shipped from Dubai. I think that's where a lot of the people will be as well. I think. But that's just a guess. However, as long as the coins are of the promised quality and the handling is flawless - the company may also send from the South Pole 😄 

Based on contact info at biddr.com, the "New York Office" is shared office space in lower Manhattan that offers mailbox service: https://www.thefarmsoho.com/locations/soho/.

Superior Galleries LLC was registered in Wyoming on 9/13/2022, listing the same 447 Broadway address: https://www.bizapedia.com/wy/superior-galleries-llc.html.

The "Dubai Office" is located in a mall (souk) that boasts "7,000 shops and pavilions": https://www.soukalmarfa.ae/about/.

The listed telephone number includes a Dubai country code and according to the auction terms, lot viewing is offered only in Dubai.

The domain name "superior-galleries.com" was registered on 9/26/2022: https://www.whois.com/whois/superior-galleries.com.

Edited by DLTcoins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:49 PM, Severus Alexander said:

Uh-oh... that's something of a red flag. How have others fared with Damaris? In my case they never sent my coins, and their email address went defunct. Recently biddr helped me contact someone with the company and they have promised a refund "this week." Nothing yet. (tagging @SimonW so he's aware of this wrinkle of a common address. Are some of the same people involved?)

I seriously doubt that this new Superior has anything whatsoever to do with the Superior Galleries of 1970-2005. I admit to thinking there was some connection when I signed up with them, though.

Just reporting that I did receive my refund from Damaris.  Damaris and Superior are indeed related companies.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Severus Alexander said:

Just reporting that I did receive my refund from Damaris.  Damaris and Superior are indeed related companies.

Did you get your coins?

I received the coins from the first auction after a few emails with ever-changing delivery dates. I also paid for the coins from the second auction immediately. But since 30.10. it only says "paid" on biddr. But again nothing is happening. 

Since 30.10. I have bought coins at Naumann, Kölner Münzkabinett, CNG, Stack & Bowers, Frankfurter Münzhandlung, Busso und Peus etc. - but all of them have already delivered and I have received my coins - even though all the auctions took place after 31.10.

But nothing is changing at Superior. So if you change the status to "paid" before 10 days - you can start shipping within 10 days. 

I won't be bidding there any more.

• Like 1

The same f**** game as the items of the part I auction again.... 

The invoice was paid at 30.10. - and now after 16 days - nothing happens.
But sorry thats wrong with "nothing" - I get the same email answers "yes sure... we send now!" and "yes sir, sure, this week we start" and and and.

The same game as the first closed auction. anytime you get new dates for the shipping - and you don't know - will they shipping or will I never see my coins?!

I don't know I am the only one - but my two "friends" get the same problems with this auction house.
I don't know how the feedback is from the other biddr customers @SimonW

My private personal opinion - I never participate at this company auctions again. Most often I bid at a high value of coins - and thats too much risk for me to send them my money and don't know when I get my coins... or get my coins not.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Severus Alexander said:

Just reporting that I did indeed receive my coins from Superior.  Unfortunately they used FedEx which is a problem in Canada (all those extra fees!) but they did come through in the end!  I don't think bidding with them is high risk, although you do have to be patient with the shipping. 🙂

Ah I wanted to give feedback - I had already pushed this company aside!

My second delivery has also arrived. I have received the goods I bought. But it has been annoying in two ways. The constant promises of certain shipping dates that were not kept. And with both shipments I had asked please enclose a paper and provide a customs number. I was assured that this would be done. Both times, however, this was not the case - so that I had to pay 19% tax again instead of 7%.

You get the coins - with patience - but good customer service looks different. That is my private experience. 

I think - smaller coins (amount) I would bid again if I absolutely wanted them. For very expensive coins, however, it would be too unsafe for me. 

• Like 2