Best of Type Battle Decided! - Constantius II - Fallen Horseman - Alexandria - RIC VIII 72

Orange Julius

Results! Best of Type Battle - Constantius II Fallen Horseman - Alexandria RIC VIII 72  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Results! Best of Type Battle - Constantius II Fallen Horseman - Alexandria RIC VIII 72 - See the "FINAL ENTRANTS AND VOTING REFERENCE POST" toward the bottom of PAGE 1 for a summary of the coins entered!

• Coin 1 - Orange Julius
    • Coin 2 - Maridvnvm
    • Coin 3 - Broucheion
    • Coin 4 - Tejas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2022 at 06:06 AM

Fun idea @Orange Julius.  If I may make one suggestion for future editions: edit the OP to include all contenders once they are entered so that everyone is clear which coin they are voting on from right there in the first post. Some posters wanted to enter their coins and some wanted to post and not enter. I think editing the OP could accommodate both types of posts in the thread without confusion. Being able to do that is just another example of why the edit privileges on this forum are awesome!

All 4 are great examples!

Here is my falling horseman.

77DEC335-7293-4D17-A2F7-EDBCA6EE7BCF.jpeg.2c7335c2e457aa8b38aee670142c2852.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback @Curtisimo! Yeah, I wish there was an image feature for poll questions. But yes, adding them to the OP would be a nice thing to try next time around. Thanks! 

As for the competition in general, I think it was fun. I don’t view these as solely a competition but a twist that adds a little fun to pile on posts. I think it’s fun to see many examples of one type and see what discussion can result. Ancient coin collectors seem to be a bit wary of best of type completions. And I get that and feel it too, modern coin collectors put so much importance on grading, ranking and best of type designations that it puts us ancient coin buffs off a bit. I’d like the keep the vibe of these posts light and fun and “winning” fairly meaningless… as all of these coins are unique pieces of history and none are perfect.

Anyway, my goal with picking a specific version of a common type was to showcase a coin that many have in their collections but limit it a bit so I didn’t have 50 entrants. I think it worked well. I was hoping for 5 coins, so pretty much hit the goal.

Thanks all who viewed, posted and entered the competition. The poll closes in a few minutes. 

Edited by Orange Julius
  • Like 2

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BEST OF TYPE WINNER
FOR THE CONSTANTIUS II ALEXANDRIA RIC VIII 72 BATTLE
@maridvnvm!

4A313E9E-D5C4-4771-ACC7-98BAC755EA15.jpeg.5422034a4fb472aaa30eaf3540bd6f2a.jpeg

A great win for a great coin. Amazing details, high relief, a warm brown tone, your coin is a great example of the type! Congratulations 🎉🍾🎈!

0C644524-1FE2-42D5-9F43-2828F8C1D00A.jpeg.eb3c3f70652f8cf9d73a1a1caa0d2176.jpeg

Thank you again to all of the other entrants and posters, especially @maridvnvm, @Broucheion and @Tejas for their terrific examples of the type!

Edited by Orange Julius
  • Like 7
  • Clap 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

• Orange Julius changed the title to Best of Type Battle Decided! - Constantius II - Fallen Horseman - Alexandria - RIC VIII 72
  • 2 weeks later...