Thanks Restitutor for creating this new forum!

Theodosius

35 minutes ago, Curtisimo said:

Does anyone think Stevex6 would be interested in joining?

Ha! I asked that question too!

This site is like moving from a condo to a mansion. Room to stretch my legs...

IMG_0806(1).PNG.970eae3e5818dd41c48f919f35fd276d.PNGthey go all the way up, until they make an ass of themselves🥸

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

One of my biggest annoyances with CT is the lack of long term edit-ability for posts / threads.  Particularly on my research threads when I want to add references and make corrections and what not. Will we be able to keep our content up to date and be able to edit it into the future on here @Restitutor? If so that would be awesome!!! 🥳

• Like 3

• Benefactor

@Restitutor Thanks so much for setting up this forum. Once you figure out the costs, please let us know how we can contribute.

Is there any chance that you can revise the rules to make things a bit clearer, as in no Confederate flags or other symbols, no swastikas, no Pepe the frogs, no clowns saying "honk honk" (which = Heil Hitler), no QAnon lunatics, no neo-Nazis, and no obnoxious US coin collectors who wouldn't know an ancient coin if it bit them and just want to make trouble?

• Like 5

• Benefactor
29 minutes ago, DonnaML said:

@Restitutor Thanks so much for setting up this forum. Once you figure out the costs, please let us know how we can contribute.

Is there any chance that you can revise the rules to make things a bit clearer, as in no Confederate flags or other symbols, no swastikas, no Pepe the frogs, no clowns saying "honk honk" (which = Heil Hitler), no QAnon lunatics, no neo-Nazis, and no obnoxious US coin collectors who wouldn't know an ancient coin if it bit them and just want to make trouble?

I'd much rather not see things spelled out to that extent. That would just encourage the assholes to look for loopholes, assuming they find their way here at all. I'd strongly prefer to leave things as they are; a brief statement of general policies without specifics.

• Like 4

• Benefactor

I understand your point. I was really just letting out my frustration with the situation at Coin Talk, where my reporting of the guy with the "Clown Pepe the Frog" anti-Semitic avatar -- the "honk honking" = Heil Hitler, by the way -- has been ignored. 

Edited by DonnaML

I‘m also optimistic about this forum. Seeing how Cointalk has been engulfed by drama and many collectors have been banned for almost no reason at all, I‘m sure this is welcome change for us all.

• Like 7

Thank you for creating this forum! I've been lurking on cointalk because the registration process constantly gives me an error. It's nice to be able to make an account and potentially participate and share with the community.

• Like 10

On 5/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, Curtisimo said:

One of my biggest annoyances with CT is the lack of long term edit-ability for posts / threads.  Particularly on my research threads when I want to add references and make corrections and what not. Will we be able to keep our content up to date and be able to edit it into the future on here @Restitutor? If so that would be awesome!!! 🥳

I agree! Settings have now been updated so there is no time limit to when you can go back and edit a post. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4